IFX Mail Archive: IFX> FW: T.37 distribution re-started

IFX> FW: T.37 distribution re-started

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 12:44:06 EST

    From: Hiroshi Tamura [mailto:tamura@toda.ricoh.co.jp]
    Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 9:26 PM
    To: ietf-fax@imc.org
    Subject: T.37 distribution re-started

    Folks,

    I attended ITU-T SG16 meeting at the middle of February.
    Our WG submitted a communication to ITU-T. Although ITU-T
    do not send a communication to us at this meeting,
    we have good news. T.37 distribution was re-started.

    The following is the report of T.37 issue.

      TD06 Communication from IETF FAX Working Group - The group reviewed
      the contribution and made special note of the content. Comments from
      the group indicated that Adobe had indeed sent a communication to
      the ITU-T TSB Director in September 1997 which indicated the support
      for Referencing TIFF specifications in ITU Standards. This document
      was provided to the SG8 meeting of 7-16 October 1997 as TD2097.
      After discussion, the group agreed that the concerns were not of
      technical nature and it was agreed that this item of work should be
      reviewed by the SG16 management. Subsequent comments from members
      strongly requested the TSB resume publication and sale of T.37.
      This matter was further discussed in a meeting with the TSB Director
      of ITU-T and with relevent SG16 members. It was agreed that the
      currently approved T.37 and its Amendments would immediately be made
      available for sale and distribution by the ITU-T.

    In fact, I showed the above TD2097 at the meeting.
    Fortunately, Mr. Rafferty was there. He and I discussed with TSB Director,
    Q14 rapporteur and WP chairman. Thanks, Mr. Rafferty.

    You can download T.37 from the URL below.

    http://www.itu.int/rec/recommendation.asp?type=folders&lang=e&parent=T-REC-T
    .37
    But, it is on sale :-<

    Regards,