IFX Mail Archive: Re: Adobe's response.......RE: IFX> TIFFFx

Re: Adobe's response.......RE: IFX> TIFFFx

From: don@lexmark.com
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 17:12:37 EDT

    Scott:

    Just to clarify.... On the adobe website at:

    http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/legalnotices.html

    Adobe agrees to royalty free licensing of

    - 5,634,064
    - 5,737,599
    - 5,781,785
    - 5,819,301
    - 6,028,583

    for producing, consuming and interpreting PDF and

    - 5,860,074

    only for producing (not consuming or interpreting) PDF.

    We know that for PDF 1.4 there are additional patents including but not limited
    to:

    - 6,289,364

    for such things as transparency, etc.

    Now the question...... will all the patents necessary for PDF 1.4 also be
    available on RF terms?

    * Don Wright don@lexmark.com *
    * *
    * Member, IEEE SA Standards Board *
    * Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors *
    * f.wright@ieee.org / f.wright@computer.org *
    * *
    * Director, Alliances and Standards *
    * Lexmark International *
    * 740 New Circle Rd C14/082-3 *
    * Lexington, Ky 40550 *
    * 859-825-4808 (phone) 603-963-8352 (fax) *

    Scott Foshee <sfoshee%adobe.com@interlock.lexmark.com> on 05/13/2002 12:47:16 PM