IFX Mail Archive: IFX> FW: Protocol Action: Tag Image File F

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 20:48:36 EDT

    Hi,

    Previously I forwarded the base 'image/tiff' MIME type registration.
    This current document adds Internet Fax-specific extensions to
    'image/tiff'.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald
      High North Inc

    -image/tiff-fx MIME Sub-type Registration to Proposed Standard

    The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Tag Image File Format Fax
    eXtended (TIFF-FX) -image/tiff-fx MIME Sub-type Registration'
    <draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-reg-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
    This document is the product of the Internet Fax Working Group.
    The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom

    Technical Summary

      The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Tag Image File Format Fax
      eXtended (TIFF-FX) -image/tiff-fx MIME Sub-type Registration'
      <draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-reg-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
      This document is the product of the Internet Fax Working Group.
      The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom

    Technical Summary

       This document describes the registration of the MIME sub-type
       image/tiff-fx. The encodings are defined by File Format for Internet
       Fax [TIFF-FX] and its extensions.

     Working Group Summary

      The group came to consensus on the documents as written.
      Moreover, these documents are also to a large degree agreed to by
      the ITU study group that is defining similar functionality in the
      ITU protocol suite.

    Protocol Quality

      The specification was reviewed for the IESG by Ned Freed.

    RFC Editor note:

    Please change the "Encoding Considerations" in section 7 to
    read:

       Encoding Considerations: This media type consists of binary
       data. The base64 encoding should be used on transports that
       cannot accomodate binary data directly.

    Please add a "Security Considerations" section between sections
    7 and 8 of the current document. The contents of this section
    should read:

       The security considerations for this media type are
       discussed in the security considerations section of
       the media type registration from that appears in
       section 7.