IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> New Orleans Minutes

RE: IFX> New Orleans Minutes

From: Rick Seeler (rseeler@adobe.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 14:42:21 EST

    I don't think there is any concern about the 'PDF' trademark. Just look
    at the following ISO specifications:

    PDF/X-1a : ISO 15930-1
    PDF/X-3 : ISO 15930-3
    PDF/X Guidelines : 15929
    PDF/X-2 : ISO 15930-2 (Not yet released)

    None of these documents have had any trouble.

    I don't think the name 'PDF' is even copyrighted.... See the copyright
    statement at the beginning of the PDF reference. There is no mention of
    'PDF' or 'Portable Document Format' as being copyrighted.

    I can look into this further if you feel it's absolutely necessary.

    -Rick