IFX Mail Archive: IFX> New revision of PDF/is Specification.

IFX> New revision of PDF/is Specification.

From: Rick Seeler (rseeler@adobe.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 18:14:55 EST

    All,

    I have just posted a new revision of the PDF/is specification (0.6) to the PWG
    web site. This revision includes all of the changes we discussed during the f2f
    in Maui plus some minor changes requested during a technical review here at
    Adobe.

    Here are the links:
    <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/pwg-ifx-pdfis-P06-030219.pdf>
    <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/pwg-ifx-pdfis-P06-030219-rev.pdf> - with
    change markings.

    This revision has had the following major changes:
    - <Mask> image profile is now optional for both the Producer and the Consumer.
    "Tiling" support is now part of this profile.
    - JBIG2 support is now required for the Consumer.
    - ICCBased color space is now the only allowed color space for images. The
    scope of the ICC profiles that must be supported has been limited to make
    implementation less onerous.
    - The determination of how the cache buffer space (Section 3.3.1.1.4 & 3.4) is
    to be used (and calculated) is now fully specified.
    - The 'Tiling' Operator (Section 3.3.11.3.1) has been redesigned and more fully
    specified.

    We will do a full walkthrough of this specification during one (or more) phone
    conferences once the IPPFAX specification walkthrough is complete. Stay tuned.

    -Rick