IFX Mail Archive: IFX> July 23 Conf Call Summary and New Iss

From: Gail Songer (gail.songer@peerless.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 18:35:54 EDT

    Next Call: July 30, topic will be the UIF Requirements Spec.

    Ira, Tom, Rick, Gail

    Review of IPPFax Requirements spec

    Remove reference to gateways from both the IPPFax Requirements spec and
    from the IPPFax protocol spec.

    Need to revisit the "sender-uri" attribute; how should this attribute be
    constructed?

    Modify/Cancel. Because the sending user received verification that the
    job was accepted, there was a feeling that IPPFax jobs should not be
    modified by anyone, including an Operator or Administrator. This was
    extended to include Canceling of jobs. We should re-evaluate this
    requirement.

    Ippget: Ira believes that a sender needs to be authenticated to
    retrieve subscription data and matching "requesting-user-name" is not
    sufficient(especially for IPPFax). We discussed requiring Sender side
    TLS authentication. Gail believes that this would limit the usability
    (how many clients are really going to have certificates?). Relaxed the
    requirement for IPPGet notifications to just requiring notifications.

    Revisit item from last call:

    Don't have log on sender or receiver. Ira remembers a discussion that
    indicated a long job history would be sufficient. Need to revisit this
    topic.

    Gail Songer

    Peerless Systems Corp

    gsonger@peerless.com