P1394 Mail Archive: RE: [PP1394:00147] Re: P1394> 1284.4 over SBP-2

RE: [PP1394:00147] Re: P1394> 1284.4 over SBP-2

Nagasaka Fumio (Nagasaka.Fumio@exc.epson.co.jp)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:54:02 +0900

Greg Shue wrote:
>To highlight the issue:
> Exactly how does an initiator peer which supports CBT receive a
> Credit packet from the target at any indeterminate time?
>This is not provided directly by 1284.4. How are you planning on
>solving it for your implementation of option A?

1) The initiator place “CreditRequest” packet in an out-ORB.
2) If the target find an in-ORB in the linked list of ORBs, target
fill out
the buffer associated this ORB with “CreditRequestReply”
packet.
3) If the target could not find any in-ORB in the linked list of
ORB,
then the target send unsolicited status which requests the initiator
to provide an in-ORB in the list. Then go to step #2.

Am I missing any steps?
I think step #3 becomes overhead. So CBT supportive SBP-2 profile
does not mark higher speed than pure SBP-2 transaction.

Fumio Nagasaka
Epson Software Development Laboratory Inc.
Tel +81 268 25 4111, Fax +81 268 25 4627
E-mail to nagasaka.fumio@exc.epson.co.jp