P1394 Mail Archive: Re[2]: Re[2]: P1394> Rough SBP-2 & IP1394 core component ROM sizes

Re[2]: Re[2]: P1394> Rough SBP-2 & IP1394 core component ROM sizes

Toru Ueda (ueda@slab.tnr.sharp.co.jp)
Mon, 16 Feb 98 15:26:15 JST

Hi Nagasaka-san,

Actually a Digital Cam corder is around $2000 list price. It's not CHEAP
though :-).

We are still working to finalize the protocol and estimate the ROM size.
I only can say is that our target ROM size for Thin protocol of DPP is
less than 10KB. This includes sender and receiver function.

If your node doesn't have to implement all functionality, it will be
smaller. This is the case that the node must receive the connection
request but doesn't need to send the request of connection.

We also want to emphasize that DPP has simple scheme.
1) send "connect request"
2) send "data"
3) receive "acknowledge"
4) do 2) and 3)
5) send "disconnect request"

The other side can also do 2),3),4),5).
This is very straightforward.

Again I don't want to make any confusion in PC printing discussion.
I just want to tell DPP to PWG correctly.

Toru Ueda
Sharp Corp.
Software Labs.