P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> Ways to do parameter setup

RE: P1394> Ways to do parameter setup

George Chrysanthakopoulos (georgioc@microsoft.com)
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:42:43 -0700

we need hw to start making 1394 printing real instead of just talking about
it.
I also need a spec that sets the new device types according to a a NEW
command set which i have yet to see.
thanx

From: Greg Shue [mailto:gregs@sdd.hp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 1998 8:30 AM
To: George Chrysanthakopoulos
Cc: p1394@pwg.org
Subject: Re: P1394> Ways to do parameter setup

So the PWG command set device_type == PRINTER doesn't have to match
the value used by SCSI, right?

Thanks! That was always annoying.

I didn't think you would need hardware to verify that change.
It seems easy enough to mock up an SBP-2 unit directory on
another PC node.

- GregS

> once again, pritning should come to terms with the fact that if use the
core
> sbp2 protocol correctly(even if it means being alittle bit creative
without
> resorting in bloating with abuncg of regs) it provides enough for you to
> work with and create great 1394 implementations.
>
> Device type is command set specifc. we need to see hw.
>
> thanx

Greg Shue
Hewlett-Packard Company
All-in-One Division			        gregs@sdd.hp.com