P1394 Mail Archive: Re: P1394> Some question about Command Set Proposal Revision 0d

Re: P1394> Some question about Command Set Proposal Revision 0d

johnson ho (johnsonh@avance.com)
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 13:48:44 +0800

Hi Robert:
Thanks for your reply. But I still have some problems in question 3. I
am now developping a simple PWG model in the win98 system. One host is as
initiator and another is as target.

If I want to using a TRANSPORT_T2I_DATA command to demand the target to
send a file (unknown size). If the information of the size of memory address
range is got from TRANSPORT_CAPABILITES command. If the size of memory
address range is smaller than file size. The target shall send a Status ORB
with the field of sbp_status is 8 (resource unavailable).But it doesn't make
sense. If I have printer with 4M memory and I want to print 8M's file. The
printer will reject my command. Or is there any way to send this file in
several times into the same memory address range??? It must prevent the
target rewrite the same memory address range before initiator put these data
into buffer or file.

As you say "The initiator transport client (e.g. application layer)
only knows the size of the target's data by pre-arrangement". Does the way
of pre-arrangement show protocol in sbp-2 ???? or it shall get by
self-defined way???

Thanks for your answer of question 1,2. I appended these function in my
application.

May you have a good day.

Johnson Ho