P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> connection for Function or Service

RE: P1394> connection for Function or Service

Hitoshi Sekine (hitoshis@MICROSOFT.com)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 19:37:41 -0700

Fumio,

I think it should work on any OS so. Please send the kind of printer to me.

Thanks,
Hitoshi

-----Original Message-----
From: Nagasaka Fumio [mailto:Nagasaka.Fumio@exc.epson.co.jp]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 1998 7:20 PM
To: Hitoshi Sekine
Cc: p1394@pwg.org; 'Greg Shue'
Subject: RE: P1394> connection for Function or Service

Hi Hitoshi,

My question is;
If 1394 PWG chooses “connections over multiple LUNs”, does new PC OS
support device-enumeration which has a configuration ROM shown below?

UnitDir --->[ LUN0, LUN1, LUN2, …]

And may our driver invoke “Login(s)” to each LUN separately?

Thank you,
Fumio Nagasaka
Epson Software Development Laboratory Inc.
Tel +81 268 25 4111, Fax +81 268 25 4627
E-mail to nagasaka.fumio@exc.epson.co.jp