P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> 1284 ID

RE: P1394> 1284 ID

John Nels Fuller (jfuller@MICROSOFT.com)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:48:35 -0800

Greg,

Yes, the Config ROM entries would look like this:
3F000000h ;3Fh key to introduce device ID
810000xxh ;Textual leaf pointer to 1284 ID (normal textual
leaf format).

I don't really like using a reserved key, but it should be all right because
we are only going to look for it if we see the T10 command set values with a
device type of printer.

jnf

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory LeClair [mailto:gleclair@agentz.com]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 1999 4:33 PM
To: John Nels Fuller; '1394 PWG'
Subject: RE: P1394> 1284 ID

John,

So, the reserved value of 3Fh is being used for a "Device_ID" string which
corresponds to the format defined in IEEE-1284. Correct?

Is it considered acceptable to use that key since SBP-2 does not define it?
It seems the use of the key 3Fh is defined by the Unit Spec_ID and not the
Command
set spec ID.

Oh well....
I agree that the TD for the LUN seemed to be a decent compromise.

Cheers,
Greg