P1394 Mail Archive: P1394> Regarding SBP2

P1394> Regarding SBP2

From: Kirthi (kirthi@tataelxsi.co.in)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 18:57:08 EST

    Hello,

    This query is for SBP2 developers. Below here, are the transactions between SBP2 Initiator and our SBP2 Target.
    We are testing our SBP2 target and using Win2K as the SBP2 Initiator. We are encountering a repeated write
    request to management register, which is not entertained. we would like to know, why this problem could have arised.

            SBP2 Initiator SBP2 Target
            (PC with Win2K) (Our Driver)
            _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

            ------------------8 Byte Block Write Requst (MGMT_AGENT Register)---------->

            <--------------------------------Response for Write Mgmt Register----------------

            <---------------------------Read 32 Byte Read Block Request (MGMT_ORB)-----

            ----------------------------------32 Byte Block Read Response (LOGIN_ORB)------>

            -------------------------- Quadlet Read Request (0xFFFF F000 040C)------------>

            <---------------------------Quadlet Read Response--------------------------------

            -------------------------- Quadlet Read Request (0xFFFF F000 0410)------------>

            <---------------------------Quadlet Read Response--------------------------------

            <-------------------------- 12 Byte Block Wrte Request (LOGIN_RESPONSE)------

            ------------------8 Byte Block Write Requst (MGMT_AGENT Register)---------->

    The last transaction i.e., 8 Byte Block Write Request to MGMT_AGENT Register, is happening again.
    we want to know may be the reason and what maybe the solution to this?

    Also the PC is detecting our node as Generic printer and not as a specific printer which we are specified
     in ConfigROM.

    Let me know what could have been the problem,

    Thanks in Advance

    with best regards
    kirthi