PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> The Input Switching Group

RE: PMP> The Input Switching Group

Bob Pentecost (bpenteco@boi.hp.com)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 16:38:11 -0700

I messed up and left off the prtInputNextIndex values that Angelo had added
in his email from 1/27. Those values are:
A value of (-1) means other.
The value (-2) means 'unknown' and specifically indicates that
an implementation specific method will determine the next input
subunit to use at the time this subunit is emptied. The value
(-3) means input switching is not supported for this subunit.

With those values, prtInputNextIndex becomes:
prtInputNextIndex OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX Integer32
MAX-ACCESS read-write
MIN-ACCESS read-only
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
"The value of prtInputIndex corresponding to the input subunit
which will be used when this input subunit is emptied and the
timeout specified by prtInputMediaLoadTimeout expires. A value
of zero(0) indicates that auto input switching will not occur
when this input subunit is emptied. If the timeout specified by
prtInputLoadMediaTimeout expires and this value is zero(0), the
job will be aborted. A value of (-1) means other.
The value (-2) means 'unknown' and specifically indicates that
an implementation specific method will determine the next input
subunit to use at the time this subunit is emptied and the
timeout expires. The value(-3) means input switching is not
supported for this subunit."
::= { prtInputEntry 26 }

Should wording be added that says what happens when the timeout expires and
prtInputNextIndex has a value of -1 or -3?

I've uploaded ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/contributions/inputsw2.doc
again.

Sorry about the screw up.

Bob Pentecost
HP