PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> alert condition standardization and conformance

Re: PMP> alert condition standardization and conformance

Gail Songer (Gail.Songer@eng.efi.com)
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:57:00 -0800

Harry,

Was interoperability really shown? Given the variance is the results, I
definately question your statement. Jay, as one of those application
management vendors, what do you think?

I beleive that the standardization of the 25 printer conditions will yeild
reasonable and useful results, but these are very, very basic conditions. What
about all the rest. I have a list of 100 engine erors for one printer and a
little over half of the errors on this list are not covered by the 25 printer
conditions. As of yet, I don't have the list of formatter errors or channel
errors but there are probably around another 50 of those. So I still have to
make guesses on around 100 printer conditions. Granted, I may modify my
when the disk is full? When the tray is lifting? When I need a different type
of paper?

The point is that these 25 errors will not solve our interoperability problems,
it is really only a start. There a a whole lot more "common" errors out there.

Gail

--

Gail Songer Electronics For Imaging gail.songer@eng.efi.com 2855 Campus Drive (415) 286-7235 San Mateo, CA 94403