PMP Mail Archive: PMP> Re: JMP> Total Octets vs Total Pages

PMP> Re: JMP> Total Octets vs Total Pages

JK Martin (jkm@underscore.com)
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:50:28 -0500 (EST)

Harry,

Depending on the exact requirements, BOTH values are quite useful. I would
like to see both be defined in the Job Monitoring MIB.

...jay

----- Begin Included Message -----

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 97 15:42:41 MST
From: "Harry Lewis <harryl@vnet.ibm.com>" <harryl@VNET.IBM.COM>
To: jmp@pwg.org
Subject: JMP> Total Octets vs Total Pages

We have a Resource Type jobTotakKOctets, but not jobTotalPages. I think we
should either have both or neither. Can someone provide a scnerio where
jobKOctetsCompleted and pagesCompletedCurrentCopy is not sufficient or one
that shows why totalOctets makes sense but totalPages does not?

Harry Lewis

----- End Included Message -----