PMP Mail Archive: RE[2]: PMP> prtInputMedia...Dims

RE[2]: PMP> prtInputMedia...Dims

Ron Bergman (rbergma@dpc.com)
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 08:23:17 -0800 (PST)

Harry and Jay,

I certainly agree that the Concepts of "Chosen" and "Declared" leave
a lot of room for improvement. In implementing the Printer MIB, prior
to my involvement with the PWG, I could not understand why the need to
differentiate between the two values. As a result, the Dataproducts
implementation always returns the same value for both objects.

Jay, I agree with your conclusion that management apps are not likely
to take advantage of this mechanism and a deprecation in this area
is easily justified.

...Ron