Date: Tuesday April 22nd
Time: 4:00 EDT (1:00 PDT, 2:00 MDT, 3:00 CDT)
Phone #: 423-673-6717
Access code: 820010
Duration: 2 hours
* CLARIFICATIONS FROM INTEROP TESTING
What do we want to do with these items. On Items 1 and 5, Matt and
Bill started some discussion that do not see to reach any consensus
on any proposed wording changes. On Items 2, 3, and 4, are these
clarifications still required?
1. Matt King - Unary and Binary alert table event management.
2. Matt King - Clarify that subunit status for hrDeviceStatus should
not indicate down if the interface is not installed.
3. Matt King - Clarify that (0) in prtChannelCurrentJobCntlLangIndex
and prtChannelDefaultPageDescLangIndex means do not have one.
4. Matt King - Clarify what constitutes a config change in
5. Bill Wagner - Clarify what prtInterpreterFeedAddressability means.
* OLD ITEMS
1. Top 25 Alert Conditions
Chuck Adams has submitted a proposed write-up.
2. RFC1213 references in Printer MIB
Ron Bergman will look at evolution of the interfaces group (RFC1573) and
provide a comparison to the Interfaces group of RFC1213 which our MIB is
3. Should PDF type be included?
Chuck Adams will make proposal to add type-2 enum for PDF.
4. Should the phone:, fax: and email: tags be used in non 8-bit environments?
Current localization will be modified to say it should also apply to other
r/w octet strings. - Randy
5. Invalid MAX-ACCESS clause on prtAlertIndex [Ira McDonald 3/18/97]
Harry Lewis will address backward compatible issue with Ira and try to
get clarification. Sounds like SNMPv1 MANDATED prtAlertIndex as not
accessible and SNMPv2 MANDATES accessible-for-notify. Lack of backward
compatibility! This object is in var bind list for the trap, it,s still
not accessible where it,s defined in the MIB, so today,s products should
be ok. Perhaps this is just a documentation issue. - Harry, Ira.
* NEW ITEMS
For brevity sakes, I am listing the name of the person and the date and
subject of their e-mail raising the proposed change. With this information,
you should be able to find the proposed change and follow any discussion
regarding this change.
1. Bob Pentecost 3/21/97 Conformance Major Typo
2. Jay Martin 3/21/97 prtGeneralAdminName now becomes
3. Bill Wagner 4/4/97 New IETF Draft Review
Bill's initial proposal was modified and new items raised in the next
4. Scott Isaacson 4/16/97 Novell Channel Type Info
5. Bill Wagner 4/17/97 Reference to other MIB's in RFC
6. Ira McDonald 4/16/97 Defect report in Printer MIB v2 - Localization
7. Bob Pentecost 4/17/97 prtAlertTime
8. Ron Bergman 4/17/97 Description for chPortHTTP
9. Chris Wellens 4/17/97 Traps - new info
10. Harry Lewis 4/18/97 Alert Alert
Lloyd Young Lexmark International, Inc.
Senior Program Manager Dept. C14L/Bldg. 035-3
Strategic Alliances 740 New Circle Road NW
internet: email@example.com Lexington, KY 40550
Phone: (606) 232-5150 Fax: (606) 232-6740