PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> What exactly is the definition of "Offline"?

Re: PMP> What exactly is the definition of "Offline"?

STUART@KEI-CA.CCMAIL.CompuServe.COM
29 Apr 97 15:32:33 EDT

Jay,

I have been baffled by the use of Online in PrtSubUnitStatusTC. The
text is:

On-Line

Intended state is On-Line 0
Intended state is Off-Line 32

I thought this value was NOT indicating the current state of the
device, but rather the intended state (although I couldn't think of
any devices with intended states of Off-line). If this is to indicate
current state, "Intended" should be changed to "Current".

I also agree that what constitutes an Off-line state should be
clarified.

Stuart Rowley
Kyocera Electronics