PMP Mail Archive: PMP> MIB draft edit: change "intended" to "current" for SubUnitStatus

PMP> MIB draft edit: change "intended" to "current" for SubUnitStatus

JK Martin (jkm@underscore.com)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:59:55 -0400 (EDT)

Randy and Lloyd,

Since we're getting right down to the wire on finalizing the draft,
it might be best to "capture" these kinds of edits and send them
to you (both) directly, perhaps making it a bit easier to keep track
of these changes to be made.

There have been no objections (to date) for the proposal by Stuart Rowley
to change "intended" to "current" when describing the "Online" state for
SubUnitStatus.

The changes aren't too bad:

Section 2.2.12.2.2 Sub-unit Status
The subsection of "On-line" has "Intended" twice.
The subsection of "Transitioning" has the line "At intended state";
this should change to "At current state". The succeeding line
says "Transitioning to intended state", but this might be ok as is.

The MIB section defining "PrtSubUnitStatusTC"
Exactly the same edits as above.

Thanks, Randy, for making these changes. Lloyd, hopefully this message
can be used as "backing justification" should these changes be challenged
in the future.

...jay