PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Re: I must be missing something...

Re: PMP> Re: I must be missing something...

Chris Wellens (chrisw@iwl.com)
Mon, 26 May 1997 17:40:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 5 May 1997, JK Martin wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Hope you don't mind my posting your message and my reply to the PMP list.

Jim,

I *do* mind you copying my private email to you and posting it
to public groups. It is a breach of confidentiality, and, in
extremely poor taste.

More importantly than that, you violated your non-disclosure
agreement by publicly posting confidential, proprietary
information of third parties.

You have also used an IETF mailing list for the purpose of
promoting your proprietary product. The IETF is an independent
(read vendor-neutral), non-profit organization.

The only time when it is permissible to discuss a product on an
IETF mailing list is when you are answering specific questions
or clarifying specific issues about it that have come up on the
list. You were not doing this. You were using my private email as a
foil to get on the soapbox about your product.

--==--==--==- Chris Wellens President & CEO
==--==--==--= Email: chrisw@iwl.com Web: http://www.iwl.com/
--==--==--==- InterWorking Labs, Inc. 244 Santa Cruz Ave, Aptos, CA 95003
==--==--==--= Tel: +1 408 685 3190 Fax: +1 408 662 9065