PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> MIB Typos? - localization updates

Re: PMP> MIB Typos? - localization updates

Ira Mcdonald x10962 (imcdonal@eso.mc.xerox.com)
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 18:47:57 PDT

Hi Bob,

Actually, what we so far have is Xerox MIB means to update supported
locales dynamically and a desire not to preclude doing so in real
products in the future. The presumption remains though that the
managed system would be in some 'service' mode (although the SNMP
agent was 'talking') and network jobs would NOT be floo...oops
flowing through the managed system while new locales were added
(to a hard disk, flash memory, or whatever). The managed system would be
reset (via the Printer MIB object or some other means) and do a power
cycle before the new locales would be 'available' for use.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (outside consultant at Xerox)
High North Inc
PO Box 221
Grand Marais, MI 49839
906-494-2434