PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> Printer MIB - MARKER ISSUE

RE: PMP> Printer MIB - MARKER ISSUE

Bob Pentecost (bpenteco@boi.hp.com)
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 11:05:26 -0600

When I first read about using the generic Alert Codes, I was concerned =
with being able to report the failure with enough detail in a device =
that has multiple parts that could be over/under temperature. I thought =
that prtAlertGroup would indicate Marker and the AlertGroupIndex could =
only point to the single marker. Then I was talking to Lloyd and it =
looks like the following would be more appropriate.

If you go with the generic subunit error reporting, then you must add =
printHead(23) to the PrtMarkerSuppliesTypeTC list. This assumes that you =
consider the print head to be a marker supply. This will allow the =
failure to be reported with the following:

prtAlertGroup =3D markerSupplies(11)
prtAlertGroupIndex =3D value for the print head
prtAlertCode =3D subunitUnderTemperature(tbd) or =
subunitOverTemperature(tbd) or ...

Any thoughts?

Bob Pentecost
HP