PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> URGENT: Need consensus by noon PDT today on definition of OCTET STRING to allow superse

Re: PMP> URGENT: Need consensus by noon PDT today on definition of OCTET STRING to allow superse

Ira Mcdonald x10962 ()
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:32:44 PDT

Hi Tom,

I agree completely with your proposal. Abandoning existing implementations
to non-conformance (retroactively) because there was no rigorous
reference for 'ASCII' is just foolish. Thanks to Bob Pentecost for
getting the HP5si information back to Tom quickly.

Scott Isaacson, you've got a serious stake in this one, if you're
listening. As the Printer MIB is now written, you will NOT be
putting Unicode (in ANY form) in the 'prtChannelInformation'
object for Netware NDS PServer and RPrinter devices.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (outside consultant at Xerox)
High North Inc
PO Box 221
Grand Marais, MI 49839