PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Localization conclusion - prtGeneralPrinterName

Re: PMP> Localization conclusion - prtGeneralPrinterName

Tom Hastings (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:05:58 PDT

I agree with changing prtGeneralPrinterName from OCTET STRING to
DisplayString.

I'm checking with Asian people to see whether
a length of 63 octets is ok for Kanji printer names that might
take 3 or 4 octets in UTF-8 for each Kanji character).

I disagree with terminating the other discussion (see previous reply).

Tom