PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Justification for prtAlertTime and prtAlertTimeGrou

Re: PMP> Justification for prtAlertTime and prtAlertTimeGrou

Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 11:25:14 -0500

More mail troubles

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

---------------------- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 11/20/97=
09:14 AM
---------------------------

Harry Lewis
11/19/97 11:16 PM
To: pmp@pwg.org @ internet
cc: lpyoung@lexmark.com@internet
From: Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM @ IBMUS
Subject: Re: PMP> Justification for prtAlertTime and prtAlertTimeGroup =
ch

I would expect Jay or Dave to chime in here because I think they are th=
e ones
who finally realized the great benefit to knowing something about the t=
ime
related to events. My recollection is that we simply realized timing of=
events
is essential information and should not be considered optional. The tim=
e is in
TICKS or something related to sysUpTime, so there's no extra burden in =
terms of
time keeping or having to put a Timex (or Rolex) in the machine.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

pmp-owner@pwg.org on 11/19/97 11:54:57 AM
Please respond to pmp-owner@pwg.org @ internet