PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Status

Re: PMP> Status

Ron Bergman (rbergma@dpc.com)
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 16:00:30 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Harry,

I agree that this issue should be considered and I also propose that this
be discussed in Maui within the PMP status slot.

Also, I would like to explore the possiblity of the bits in
hrPrinterDetectedErrorState be treated as enums, in that new bits can be
defined without a change to the original document. In this manner the
Printer MIB document can add new definitions independent of the hrMIB and
the bits are still all contained in the same object (i.e.
hrPrinterDetectedErrorState). I am sure this proposal will stir up some
interesting responses, but we should determine if this has any advantages
for the PWG.

Ron Bergman
Dataproducts Corp.