PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Unavailable vs. Broken - review by April 17th

Re: PMP> Unavailable vs. Broken - review by April 17th

Stuart Rowley (Stuart.Rowley@kyocera.com)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:51:44 -0700

Kyocera's current implementation uses Unavailable because Broken.

Stuart

Stuart Rowley Kyocera Electronics, Inc.
Network Product Development Mgr. 3675 Mt. Diablo Blvd. #105
stuart.rowley@kyocera.com Lafayette, CA 94549
510 299-7206 Fax: 510 299-2489

Subject: PMP> Unavailable vs. Broken - review by April 17th
Author: INTERNET:harryl@us.ibm.com at CSERVE
Date: 08.04.98 16:52

The "Top-25" alert definitions specify subUnitStatus "Unavailable because
Broken" for

Jam
Cover/Door Open
Input Tray Missing
Output Tray Missing
Output Tray Full
Marker Supply Missing
Marker Supply Empty

During the PMP last call, Tom Hastings wrote

>We were wondering why we didn't use "Unavailable and OnRequest"
>...for something that requires human attention, but is not broken?

While we do not want to entirely resurface this discussion, we are giving
everyone until 4/17 to review their interpretations or implementations of the
Top-25 to see if there is major misunderstanding.

Please review with your product development teams and reply before Friday, 4/17.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems