PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Unavailable vs. Broken - review by April 17th

Re: PMP> Unavailable vs. Broken - review by April 17th

Matt Young (myoung@boi.hp.com)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:06:12 -0600

The current HP code returns "Unavailable and OnRequest" for all the
listed alerts except "Marker Supply Missing", which returns "Unavailable
because Broken".

I searched for a definition of what these status values are supposed to
mean and was not able to find any. It certainly appears to make more
sense to return "OnRequest" because there are very few cases (at least
for HP printers) where these alerts are caused by errors that require
some type of repair.

--
Matt Young
(myoung@boi.hp.com)  Hewlett-Packard Department LaserJet Division