PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Can an RFC 1759 implementation use the alert(18) ty

Re: PMP> Can an RFC 1759 implementation use the alert(18) ty

Ron Bergman (rbergma@dpc.com)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 07:43:29 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Harry,

We cannot make this a type-2 without a new specification (RFC).

I do agree that the risk of including this addition as a part of an RFC
1759 implememtation is fairly low. as long as a supporting management
application does not get upset, there is no problem.

Ron Bergman
Dataproducts Corp.