PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> Updated PrtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnitTC for FIN MIB

RE: PMP> Updated PrtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnitTC for FIN MIB

Henerlau, Paul (henerlau@sharplabs.com)
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:02:56 -0700

Ron, Lloyd, Randy, et al -

Thank you for addressing the question of the
PrtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnitTC, as it relates to
the Finishing MIB.

My assessment is that this will address the immediate
concern of characterizing the number of units of a finisher
which provides stapling capabilities.

There is still a secondary concern for stapling finishers,
however, and that is the actual PrtMarkerSuppliesTypeTC.

The version of the Printer MIB from which I am working
makes no mention of staples in the PrtMarkerSuppliesTypeTC.
There is a definition for other(1), which is what we are currently
obliged to use.

A bit of archeological research indicates that in an earlier
version of the Finishing MIB there was some thought of
creating a FinSupplyTypeTC as an extension of
PrtMarkerSuppliesTypeTC
which would contain such things as water(23), bandingTape(28),
stitchingWire(29), and of particular interest to us, staples(32).

Perhaps these changes have already been addressed in
a later version of the Printer MIB; if not, I suggest that some
consideration be given to the additional burden placed upon
the PrtMarkerSuppliesTypeTC in the support of Finishing
units.

Thank you for giving this your attention; please contact me if
you
have any questions or comments...

-- Paul Henerlau

[henerlau@sharplabs.com]