PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> IPP "channel" in the Printer MIB

Re: PMP> IPP "channel" in the Printer MIB

Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:34:23 -0700

Thanks for the explanation.

What is the deadline for positive or negative comments (or silence)?

This message bounced which I sent last Wednesday. Don said that the PWG
mail server was having some troubles.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Hastings, Tom N
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 1999 22:20
To: 'lpyoung@lexmark.com'
Cc: pmp@pwg.org
Subject: RE: IPP> Re: PMP> IPP "channel" in the Printer MIB

Thanks for the explanation.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: lpyoung@lexmark.com [mailto:lpyoung@lexmark.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 14:27
To: hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com
Cc: pmp@pwg.org

Tom,

It was not about having the power or not having the power.
It was about making certain that the change was a good change.
We are hopefully close to publishing the Printer MIB as a Standard
document and the last thing I wanted to do was to put in a last
minute change that had not been reviewed by a lot of people.
Generally people will not vote for something unless they have
reviewed it. Therefore I decided to measure consensus on this
item by asking for a show of hands from those that wanted to
vote in favor of the change.

Lloyd

hastings%cp10.es.xerox.com@interlock.lexmark.com on 05/25/99 01:53:33 PM