PMP Mail Archive: PMP> Comments on Host Resources MIB in SMIv2 - I-D posted!!

PMP> Comments on Host Resources MIB in SMIv2 - I-D posted!!

Ira McDonald (imcdonal@sdsp.mc.xerox.com)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:41:48 -0400

Hi folks,

I just noticed that this Internet-Draft was published Tuesday:

draft-ietf-ops-hostmib-00.txt

In light of Bert Wijnen's note from Monday (26 July 1999),
Printer MIB folks had better get right to work looking at
this MIB (full text of Bert's note is appended below).

So far, I can confirm that it compiles cleanly with Epilogue
Emissary 7.0. And that it has several new compile dependencies
(Interfaces MIB, RFC 2233 - and hence SNMPv2 Agent MIB, RFC 1907)
and is *split* into two MIBs:

HOST-RESOURCES-MIB - Existing object definitions

HOST-RESOURCES-TYPE-MIB - All the storage and device type OIDs

This split follows the convention of the Interfaces MIB (RFC 2233)
which also requires the separate IANA Interfaces Type MIB,
which can be found at:

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/mib/ianaiftype.mib

(oops - correct HR types is HOST-RESOURCES-TYPES)

SNMP literate folks should take a *hard* look at this ASN.1,
because the IETF does NOT change 'Draft Standard' level
documents in any substantive way.

Printer literate folks should take a look at the additions
in support of PWG requests for new error bits.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
High North Inc
906-494-2697/2434