PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> RE: Comments on draft-ietf-printe

RE: PMP> RE: Comments on draft-ietf-printermib-mib-info-05.txt

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 18:35:31 EDT

    Gary,

    I was hoping for something more than this.

    I looked at this RFC and it is designed so that WORD produces CourierNew and
    only CourierNew fixed pitch font documents. I believe the many folks would
    rather read documents with a more readable font.

    Bob Herriot has a tool which is working on Windows 98 and we are still
    trying to get some time to figure out why it isn't working on NT. It takes
    the .txt file produced from the generic print driver and converts it into an
    IETF .txt file. Then we can have the best of both worlds.

    Thanks,
    Tom