PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> Why were MIN-ACCESS clauses added

RE: PMP> Why were MIN-ACCESS clauses added to Printer MIB v2?

From: Gocek, Gary (GGocek@crt.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 08:46:00 EDT

    I made my point a little too broadly. We can see how MIN-ACCESS clauses
    ease the implementation burden. However, we noticed a couple of cases
    (prtGeneralCurrentLocalization and prtConsoleLocalization in particular)
    where we feel that the new MIN-ACCESS clauses fundamentally change the
    printer MIB, and we wonder if there is a justification for adding those
    particular MIN-ACCESS clauses. There might be a few more instances, but not
    all 51.

    Thanks again,
    Gary