PMP Mail Archive: PMP> RE: [Addressability] one more printer

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 14:30:27 EDT

    Hi Juergen,

    Oops! Good question. I would say use the Marker row specified by
    'prtMarkerDefaultIndex' in the 'prtGeneralTable'.

    But we sure ought to specify this in the descriptions of the two
    'prtInterpreterTable' columnar objects. Right?

    Further, it's not meaningful (and SHOULD NOT be done) to have
    different addressability units for different markers or
    interpreters in the same instance of the Printer MIB, in
    my humble opinion.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald, co-editor of Printer MIB v2
      High North Inc