PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> add device in host resource/mib

RE: PMP> add device in host resource/mib

From: Ron.Bergman@hitachi-ps.us
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 11:05:34 EDT

    Hi Jörg,

    The agent code provides the interface protocol between the external
    SNMP managers and the MIB. The MIB defines a data base of managed
    information relative to a device, software module, or any other
    entity to be managed. A MIB implementation defines the rules or
    procedures necessary to obtain or modify the entries (objects) in
    the data base.

    You need to use the SNMP agent already installed in Windows and
    integrate the printer MIB into that code. The details of this
    integration are very specific to the design of the agent.

    The value of hrDeviceIndex for the printer MIB instance corresponding
    to your plotter can be any value desired, as long as it is unique
    (i.e. does not conflict with any of the existing assignments).

    Hope this information helps.

            Ron Bergman
            Hitachi Printing Solutions America