PMP Mail Archive: PMP> Posted Port Mon MIB (28 July 2005)

PMP> Posted Port Mon MIB (28 July 2005)

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 21:35:59 EDT

    Hi folks, Thursday (28 July 2005)

    As per our decision at the PWG Steering Committee meeting earlier today,
    I've just posted an ASN.1-only release of a revised Printer Port Monitor
    MIB on the PWG FTP server at:

        ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/lcrc-pmpportmib10-20050728.mib

    This is intended to be the final content of this MIB. Vendors who want
    to add support for automatic installation in the Microsoft and Apple OS
    environments in the near future should proceed with prototyping.

    Many thanks to all who worked together so well at the interoperability
    test; and to Craig Whittle for coordinating; and to Paul Danbold for
    providing the facilities.

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434
    email: imcdonald@sharplabs.com

    [Change Log]

    28 July 2005 - Prototype Interoperability Test comments

    * deleted 'ppmPrinterEnabled' (redundant with 'ppmPortEnabled');

    * added text to DESCRIPTION clause of 'ppmPrinterIndex' to specify the
      dependency on 'ppmPortEnabled' for installation (see MIB);

    * deleted two ASN.1 comments that referred to RFC 1213 (out-of-date);