RE: Feedback - PMP> Minutes of the MFP Teleconference 20060214

From: Bergman, Ron (Ron.Bergman@rpsa.ricoh.com)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 12:37:16 EST

    Hi Paul,

    I have also observed poorly designed SNMP based applications that consume
    enormous amounts of network bandwith. For example, reading large portions
    of the input and output tables at a fairly high frequency to determine the
    available paper sources and destinations. In many cases I believe this is
    the result of a desire to simplify the application, through the use of a
    single query loop, by developers that are not experienced in real-time code
    practices.

    As chairman of the PWG MIBs Working Group I would be glad to work with you
    to define and present this as a project proposal to the PWG.

            Regards,
            Ron Bergman