RE: Feedback - PMP> Minutes of the MFP Teleconference 20060214

From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 02:14:23 EST

    Inconsistency is a more serious problem (in my experience) than efficiency
    (which I THINK is Paul's hot button). I think it would be great if we
    addressed both, but these may require separate efforts.
    Harry Lewis
    IBM STSM
    http://www.pwg.org
    IBM Printing Systems
    http://www.ibm.com/printers
    303-924-5337

    "McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>
    Sent by: pmp-owner@pwg.org
    02/15/2006 08:04 PM

    "'Bergman, Ron'" <Ron.Bergman@rpsa.ricoh.com>, ptykodi@tykodi.com,
    pmp@pwg.org
    cc

    Subject
    RE: Feedback - PMP> Minutes of the MFP Teleconference 20060214

    Hi,

    I spoke with Rick Landau (Dell) this afternoon and he's getting
    some input from Dell management software implementors who have
    observed implementation inconsistencies in Printer MIB - he said
    he'll pass these along pretty soon - I think that cross-vendor
    management software implementors are some of the best allies for
    a PWG Best Practices document on the Printer MIB.

    Note that the PWG Process/2.0 requires that Implementors Guides
    be subject to the full process and Formal Approval and final
    publication as Best Practices in '/pub/pwg/informational'
    (i.e., unlike IETF Implementors Guides they are NORMATIVE).

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434
    email: imcdonald@sharplabs.com