From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 13:14:38 EST

    Hi,

    Reminder of another MFP conference call that's scheduled for:

      Tuesday 28 March 2006 at 11am US EST / 8am US PST

    The three new agenda items from minutes item 7 below are:

    There are three other issues that should be discussed and resolved
    as they could have significant impact on the project.

    a) Fax Modem: The Printer MIB current defines a Channel Type of
    "chFax(18)". Ira mentioned in the MFP Alerts BOF that this has been
    modeled as an interface by other groups. An Interface group also has
    been included within the Counters MIB. What information is required
    to adequately model a Fax Modem?

    b) MFP Alert Objects: Xerox (Thomas Silver) has indicated they would
    like to make a proposal on this subject. It has been noted that the
    generation of even a small number of objects will certainly be a much
    more significant undertaking than the other task. However, we should
    carefully examine the benefit of additional objects and, if the value
    is significant, they will be added.

    c) Service: From the minutes of the last teleconference; "It was also
    noted that to properly define alerts, services as well as physical
    entities are needed". There appears to also be a counter argument. We
    need to obtain a "rough" consensus on this issue and then take the
    appropriate action.

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434