RE: PMP> Another document for MFP Alerts telecon

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2006 - 16:50:15 EDT

    Hi Pete and Tom,

    Interesting and far-reaching document. I'd encourage Tom to look
    over the extensive coverage of multifunction DEVICES as well as
    Services in my current draft PWG Imaging System MIB, which I
    believe answers most all the HR MIB extension needs in Tom's
    paper -

    For actual changes to IETF Host Resources MIB (RFC 2790)
    or IETF Printer MIB v2 (RFC 3805), note that IESG review approval
    now takes 8 months and RFC Editor processing takes 2 years!
    That's nearly three years delay after document completion!

    Of course, a new PWG MIB can freely reference and augment any
    existing tables in IETF Printer MIB or IETF HR MIB - the current
    PWG process delay after document completion is about 4 months.

    I just read the new RFC 4423 that says on the cover page that it
    represents the authors' thinking "in the Fall of 2003" (when it was
    submitted to the IESG).

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434