PMP> prtChannelType proposal for WS-Print

From: Zehler, Peter (Peter.Zehler@xerox.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 14:17:48 EST

    All,

    The 2 week review cycle (10/31/07 - 11/14/07) for this proposal has
    ended. The proposal below is based on the original proposal and all the
    input received to date. This proposal will be moved forward next week.
    I just want to be sure that no further comments are pending Please send
    any comments to the pmp@pwg.org mail list by the end of this week. If
    you are not a member of that group you may send the comments directly to
    me and I will make sure they get posted and processed.

    In addition to the update to the prtChannelType below I am also
    suggesting a best practice for the value of prtChannelProtocolVersion.
    The value I am suggesting is 'Web Services on Devices - Print Service,
    v1.0'.

    Pete

    Current proposal:

    chWSPrint(46), -- Not in RFC 3805

    -- Web Services on Devices Printer (WS-Print),

    -- (WS-Print 1.0 - see [WS-Print])

    --

    -- WS-Print Service URL

    -- Keyword: ServiceURL

    -- Syntax: URI (Unicode UTF-8 per

    -- [RFC3986])

    -- Multiplicity: Multiple

    -- Default: not applicable

    -- within Internet naming scope. Unicode

    -- UTF-8 [RFC3629] string with

    -- hexadecimal escapes for any non-ASCII

    -- characters (per [RFC3986]).

    -- Conformance: A WS-Print Printer shall list

    -- all URLs it

    --

    -- WS-Print Web Services Target Namespace

    -- Keyword: Namespace

    -- Syntax: 'URI (Unicode UTF-8 per RFC 3986)

    -- Multiplicity: Multiple

    -- Default: http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2006/08/wdp/print

    -- and associated print service model. Unicode

    -- UTF-8 [RFC3629] string with

    -- hexadecimal escapes for any non-ASCII

    -- characters (per [RFC3986]).

    -- Conformance: A WS-Print Printer shall list

    -- all interoperable WS-Print namespaces it

    -- supports.

    [RFC3986] Berners-Lee, T., Fielding, R., and L. Masinter, "Uniform

    Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax", RFC 3986,

    January 2005. (See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt)

    [RFC 4122] P. Leach, et al, "A Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) URN Namespace," July 2005. (See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4122.txt)

    [WS-Print] Microsoft Corporation, "Print Service Definition Version 1.0 For Web Services on Devices ", November 2006, (See http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/rally/wsdspecs.mspx)

    [DEVPROF] - J. Schlimmer, et all, "Devices Profile for Web Services", February 2006.

    (See http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2006/02/devprof/devicesprofile.pdf )

    Peter Zehler XEROX Xerox Research Center Webster Email: Peter.Zehler@Xerox.com Voice: (585) 265-8755 FAX: (585) 265-7441 US Mail: Peter Zehler Xerox Corp. 800 Phillips Rd. M/S 128-25E Webster NY, 14580-9701

    ________________________________

    From: Zehler, Peter Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 8:00 AM To: pmp@pwg.org Cc: pwg@pwg.org Subject: prtChannelType proposal for WS-Print

    All,

    This note is being sent to pwg@pwg.org in addition to the pmp@pwg.org to insure that all interested parties have a chance to comment on it during its 2 week review cycle (10/31/07 - 11/14/07). The proposal below is based on the original proposal and all the input received to date. Please send any comments to the pmp@pwg.org mail list. If you are not a member of that group you may send the comments directly to me and I will make sure they get posted and processed.

    In addition to the update to the prtChannelType below I am also suggesting a best practice for the value of prtChannelProtocolVersion. The value I am suggesting is 'Web Services on Devices - Print Service, v1.0'.

    Pete

    Peter Zehler XEROX Xerox Research Center Webster Email: Peter.Zehler@Xerox.com Voice: (585) 265-8755 FAX: (585) 265-7441 US Mail: Peter Zehler Xerox Corp. 800 Phillips Rd. M/S 128-25E Webster NY, 14580-9701

    Updated proposal:

    chWSPrint(46), -- Not in RFC 3805

    -- Web Services on Devices Printer (WS-Print),

    -- (WS-Print 1.0 - see [WS-Print])

    --

    -- WS-Print Service URL

    -- Keyword: ServiceURL

    -- Syntax: URI (Unicode UTF-8 per

    -- [RFC3986])

    -- Multiplicity: Multiple

    -- Default: not applicable

    -- within Internet naming scope. Unicode

    -- UTF-8 [RFC3629] string with

    -- hexadecimal escapes for any non-ASCII

    -- characters (per [RFC3986]).

    -- Conformance: A WS-Print Printer shall list

    -- all URLs it supports (one per Channel

    -- entry).