PWG-IPP Mail Archive: RE: User Scenario for Open Source client

RE: User Scenario for Open Source client feature: On Windows batc h ma ny prints into a single job (single output document)

From: Whittle, Craig (cwhittle@sharplabs.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 11:58:40 EDT

    Tom, as usual, you are not only the first to submit a uses case, but have
    done a admiral job describing the user scenario. Each use case should have
    a possible technical solution or solutions (using IPP and/or other
    standards?, or TBD) that the open source client implementers can use to
    implement the feature/requirement. Tom's submission includes such an
    implementation suggestion. Thanks Tom.

    As for the rest of you, please submit each use case with a "Title",
    "Description", and "Possible Implementation" section. The title should
    sufficiently describe the use case; it will be the "one-liner" that is used
    in our brainstorming session sometime during our next set of PWG meetings. A
    suggestion was made that we post these to the PWG Web site (in a table?) so
    you can look at them collectively and begin to think about priorities. Any
    thoughts?

    Please note that your submission can be very simple. For example:
    Title: IPP/MS Windows Driver Download
    installed as the default windows printer. (There are many variations of this
    use case.)
    Possible Implementation: IPP driver download (including any new extensions)

    I look forward to your submissions.

    **CW