SDP Mail Archive: Re: SDP> Suggestions for discussion at SDP session next week

Re: SDP> Suggestions for discussion at SDP session next week

Robert Herriot (robert.herriot@Eng.Sun.COM)
Thu, 14 May 1998 14:13:57 -0700

Notification does not handle the case where a connection or a 'write' times
out and the client (print server) want to determine if the printer is
currently alive and making progress. The client (print server) needs to
perform a "get printer status" operation immediately and not wait until some
future notification arrives. The "get printer status" operation must give a
reply
(with a high probability) if the printer is alive.

Bob Herriot