SDP Mail Archive: Re: SDP> Suggestions for discussion at SDP session next week

Re: SDP> Suggestions for discussion at SDP session next week

Robert Herriot (robert.herriot@Eng.Sun.COM)
Fri, 15 May 1998 18:53:47 -0700

--=====================_25505414==_.ALT

I agree that it would be best if Paul would state his position on the DL and
come to our meetings. But he doesn't have the time, and instead others have
cited his needs as the reasons why IPP is broken and we need SDP. I have
found that in some cases, he has been misunderstood.

When I have learned more about Paul's views, I have communicated them to the
DL because I felt that the information I gained might be useful even though
it had passed through my filter and might not be exactly what Paul meant.

Although the ideal is that Paul participate in all of our meetings, the
reality is
that he does not. So the important question is how do we deal with that
reality, and still design a solution that is right for us and for Microsoft.

Bob Herriot