XP Mail Archive: Re: XP> XHTML-Print media type

Re: XP> XHTML-Print media type

From: Jun Fujisawa (fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 03:48:38 EST

    Don,

    At 9:57 AM -0500 02.3.8, don@lexmark.com wrote:
    >The reference to RFC3236 was added as an INFORMATIONAL reference based on
    >discussion at the LA meeting.

    It seems to me more appropriate to have a reference to RFC3023
    if we just want to give background information on the use of "+xml"
    extension in XHTML-Print MIME type.

    "RFC3023 - XML Media Types", M. Murata, S. St.Laurent, and D. Kohn.
    It is available from http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt.

    People might wonder why XHTML-Print does not follow RFC3236
    if they see an explicit reference in the specification.

    How about add a sentence explaining the rational behind the introduction
    of our own MIME type in Section 6.1?

    --
    Jun Fujisawa
    <mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>