XP Mail Archive: Re: XP> New Version of Document

Re: XP> New Version of Document

From: Jun Fujisawa (fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 04:21:10 EST

    Don,

    At 10:05 AM -0500 02.3.8, don@lexmark.com wrote:
    >1) The word "Basic" was added to be consistent with the working in the XHTML
    >Basic document. People were having trouble knowing what was and what was not
    >additional function on top of XHTML Basic. I wanted to use **exactly**
    >the same
    >wording as XHTML Basic to make sure it is absolutely clear.

    There is no point to add the word "Basic" to the module category
    names since they represent both "Basic" and "Full" versions of
    modules.

    - Table Modules
         Basic Tables Module
         Tables Module
    - Forms Modules
         Basic Forms Module
         Forms Module

    If you really want to use **exactly** the same wording as XHTML
    Basic, you might want to stop the use of category names entirely
    ("Core Modules", "Text Extension Modules", "Table Modules",
    and "Forms Modules").

    Also, I noticed "Basic Table Module" should be written as "Basic
    Tables Module".

    --
    Jun Fujisawa
    <mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>