XP Mail Archive: Re: XP> XHTML-Print media type

Re: XP> XHTML-Print media type

From: don@lexmark.com
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 10:45:51 EST

    Jun:

    I've changed the reference to RFC3023. I wasn't aware of that RFC.

    As to the explanation.... anyone want to contribute?

     Don Wright don@lexmark.com

     Member, IEEE SA Standards Board
     Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors
     f.wright@ieee.org / f.wright@computer.org

     Director, Alliances & Standards
     Lexmark International
     740 New Circle Rd
     Lexington, Ky 40550
     859-825-4808 (phone) 603-963-8352 (fax)

    Jun Fujisawa <fujisawa.jun%canon.co.jp@interlock.lexmark.com> on 03/09/2002
    03:48:38 AM

    To: "Don_Wright/Lex/Lexmark.LEXMARK"@sweeper.lex.lexmark.com
    cc: PWG XHTML-Print <xp%pwg.org@interlock.lexmark.com> (bcc: Don
           Wright/Lex/Lexmark)
    Subject: Re: XP> XHTML-Print media type

    Don,

    At 9:57 AM -0500 02.3.8, don@lexmark.com wrote:
    >The reference to RFC3236 was added as an INFORMATIONAL reference based on
    >discussion at the LA meeting.

    It seems to me more appropriate to have a reference to RFC3023
    if we just want to give background information on the use of "+xml"
    extension in XHTML-Print MIME type.

    "RFC3023 - XML Media Types", M. Murata, S. St.Laurent, and D. Kohn.
    It is available from http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt.

    People might wonder why XHTML-Print does not follow RFC3236
    if they see an explicit reference in the specification.

    How about add a sentence explaining the rational behind the introduction
    of our own MIME type in Section 6.1?

    --
    Jun Fujisawa
    <mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>