XP Mail Archive: RE: XP> Proposed XHTML-Print amendment

RE: XP> Proposed XHTML-Print amendment

From: don@lexmark.com
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 14:24:35 EDT

    Jim:

    Perhaps we should consider this on a case by case basis to understand the
    magnitude of the decision.

    On the specific subjects of nested tables and missing end tag:

    Nested tables: We don't mandate that a printer MAY NOT support nested tables but
    it clearly doesn't have to. Also, the usage of nested tables is pretty limited
    on the web from what I've seen so I don't know that we are losing much.

    End Tags: Unless the printer claims to be a validating printer, doing the best
    it can when an end tag is missing would seem to be OK.

     Don Wright don@lexmark.com

     Member, IEEE SA Standards Board
             PatCom Chair, SCC Liaison
     Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors